Additional Eye Care Links
- Check Yearly See Clearly [ www.checkyearly.com ]: Sponsored by the Vision Council of America. We're out to make our country's eyes healthier by encouraging regular eye exams.
- All About Vision [ www.allaboutvision.com ]: This website was launched in January 2000 to provide consumers with an independent source of trustworthy information on eye health and vision correction options.
- American Optometric Association [ www.aoa.org ]: As the premier authority in the optometric profession, the American Optometric Association leads the way in its mission of improving the quality and availability of eye and vision care everywhere.
- InfantSEE [ www.infantsee.org ]: InfantSEE is a public health program designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an integral part of infant wellness care to improve a child's quality of life. The Doctors at Baker Family Eyecare are enrolled as InfantSEE providers and will provide a one-time, comprehensive eye assessment to infants in their first year of life, offering early detection of potential eye and vision problems at no cost regardless of income.
- National Eye Institute [ www.nei.nih.gov ]: The National Eye Institute (NEI) was established by Congress in 1968 to protect and prolong the vision of the American people. As one of the Federal government's National Institutes of Health (NIH), the NEI conducts and supports research that helps prevent and treat eye diseases and other disorders of vision. This research leads to sight-saving treatments, reduces visual impairment and blindness, and improves the quality of life for people of all ages.
- Prevent Blindness America [ www.preventblindness.org ]: Since 1908, Prevent Blindness America has been the nation's leading volunteer eye health and safety organization with the sole mission of preventing blindness and preserving sight.
- The Macular Degeneration Help Center [ www.macd.net ]: The Macular Degeneration Partnership (MDP) provides accurate, timely and unbiased information on age-related macular degeneration (AMD). A monthly online newsletter and an e-mail subscription service keep patients and their familiesup to date on research, experimental treatments and low vision aids.